The event!

The event!
November 14th, 2010

Monday, May 17, 2010

Thunder Monday

It's hard to think of a title for every post, so please don't judge my almost-rhyming attempt.  I just got back from my first solo run.  According to our training calendar, we are supposed to do "20 minutes easy".  I went out to the path on Heights Boulevard after 7 once it was cooling down.  I was planning on doing half an hour, but I heard thunder rolling in, so I stopped after 20.  It was a pretty easy workout, especially with the breeze the storm was bringing in.  I actually can't wait for next time!  Heights Blvd. is a nice place to run.  There are always people around, but not as many as at Memorial, and there are water fountains and benches along the way.  It's about 2 miles from Heights and 20th to Heights and I-10 where the trail ends, so I could do four miles to the end and back once I work up to it.

Tomorrow is a rest day (I might go to yoga though), and then we have our first "Track Practice" on Wednesday.  Apparently this is different from Saturday training because we will work on techniques for speed, pacing, and stretching instead of just running a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment