The event!

The event!
November 14th, 2010

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Two Trainings Down

On Saturday, we had our second training. We ran the three-mile loop again (or ran/walked, in my case), and they timed us. It took me 46:25. Hopefully I will improve by the next time they time us. My new sneakers felt good. Also, a bit after the two-mile marker, I saw two of my teammates walking ahead of me, and I decided to pass them. I passed them during one of my jogging streaks and finished well ahead of them. I guess that's my little competitive streak coming out. It's probably good, though, because if it weren't for them it might have taken me 48 minutes or more. And guess what--I was hardly even sore! Today after school I'll be doing a short run on my own, probably on the treadmill.

The fundraising clinic was on Wednesday. There were different vendors there who will help you have a fundraising party to sell their product--candles, sports drinks, jewelry, make-up, whatever Southern Living at Home sells. There was even a woman there from Passion Parties, which throws sex-toy parties where you can also buy other interesting accessories. That representative assured me that they play lots of games at the parties to make sure everyone feels comfortable.

My fundraising account is doing pretty well--when a check I mailed in goes through, I will have $1,060. Hopefully I won't even need to throw a Passion Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment